Bonus points for anyone who gets the song quotes here…
Philly friends, this should be an easy one for you.
Anyway, we are flipping three of the four upstairs bedrooms to prepare for Baby #3:
- The office will become Buddy and Little Guy’s shared bedroom.
- Buddy’s room will become the nursery, and
- Little Guy’s room will become the new office/guest room.
However, we’ve realized in making the switch, there are a few slight problems:
- There is nowhere to put furniture as you clear out the rooms…so, as we move a piece into its new space, we move another piece out. My house looks like a Rubik’s Cube of furniture – my 4 year old has his room plus a changing table, the new office has bookshelves, a guest bed, and a crib, and the Master bedroom has become the place for all of the homeless items.
- Little Guy is in his room sleeping 15 hours a day. WHEN ARE WE SUPPOSED TO WORK IN HIS ROOM?!?
Pottery Barn Teen came this week to delivery two twin beds that I got for a steal – real wood for IKEA prices, I can’t beat that! (I noticed that the prices are a lot higher than what I paid 6 weeks ago, sorry about that.) Of course in order for them to set up the beds, we needed to clear space – no easy task when you are talking about a 20′ by 20′ room filled with wall-to-wall bookshelves and books. (We’re literacy professors, what did you expect us to collect, stamps?).
What a disaster area, eh?
Over the next few weeks, you will get to see exciting (to us, anyway!) updates of our new spaces…
And tips on room sharing for boys (or tips for how to keep them from wrestling and clawing each other’s eyes out when they should be sleeping) would be greatly appreciated.