Note: This post is sponsored by Savings.com.
We trained my oldest son in two days. Warm sun, no diaper, tile floors. It was a win-win situation. We used Pull-Ups at night for a few months, but in general the whole process was fairly easy.
For a while it looked as though training our middle son was going to be even easier. He wanted to be like his big brother and begged to go in the potty. He was nearly trained when one unfortunate (and another untimely) event occurred:
(1) When making a Number 2, he forgot to put town the seat – I entered the bathroom to a mess of arms and legs sticking from the toilet and a 2 year old screaming at the top of his lungs. This was in November. It is now June. We have yet to sit on a potty again.
(2) Baby brother, Iggy, was born which resulted in total regression from middle son who wanted to be a baby, too.
We tried a few more times to “push it” in the last few months, but that ended the night he peed on his big brother…and his quilt…and the rug…ON PURPOSE.
He was standing his ground and did not want to potty train. He cried big tears:
We abandoned our efforts.
However, we are going cold turkey and ditching the all-day diapers next Tuesday afternoon.
Why next Tuesday? Well, school will be out, so there will be time to commit. And commit we will. Diaperless during the day, Pull-Ups at night and for naps – we WILL be trained this June. He is ready – he hates being wet and freaks out if he poos in his diaper. But potty training takes attention and consistency from Mom and Dad, and I’ll be the first to admit that with a new baby in the house, we have been anything BUT consistent. He is ready, capable, and a little tentative – but together, we will have #PottyPower!
Things are going to change around here. With a box of our trusty pull-ups in hand, we are going to face potty training head on and I. Will. Survive. (well, probably). Get the motivation to potty train your little one with this $2 Off printable coupon for Huggies Pull-Ups! What great savings!
In addition to this $2 coupon, you can now win one of the following:
- $350 worth of gift cards to Target to use on potty training essentials (35 people will win $10 Gift Cards to Target)
- 5 winners will be selected each day to win the GCs (Monday 6/9 – Sunday 6/15)
- One grand prize winner will receive a CTA Digital 2-in-1 iPotty with Activity Seat for iPad(valued at $34.99) AND a white, Apple iPad2, 2nd generation Tablet, 1 GHz processor, 16GB, Wifi (valued at $324.99)