There is something really intriguing about food carts, isn’t there? In Philly, apps map out where your favorite food carts are parked on a particular day. In the Keys, a lone food cart hidden near a parking lot attracts a huge crowd of people each day who have heard the secret of their tacos.
Like OMG the-best-tacos-you-have-ever-had-in-your-life tacos.
And I made a version of my own street-style fish tacos at home to share with you. They are easy to make and they will ROCK YOUR WORLD. I promise.
- Fish (we like mahi mahi, snapper, or tuna)
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Olive oil
- Head of red cabbage
- Marinate the fish in olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning. Don’t be afraid to use a good amount of seasoning.
- Dice the cilantro, onion, mango, and red cabbage. Put them on the side.
- Grill the fish. Cut the fish into bite size pieces.
- Layer red cabbage on the tortilla. Add onion, then fish. Top with cilantro and mango.
- Cut a slice of line for each taco and squeeze it over the taco.
We love these tacos and they have become a fast family favorite. The cabbage adds the perfect crunch and the mango adds a touch of summer. Add jalapeño peppers for a little kick if you’d like! What is your favorite street food?